Development and Relations Committee
The SURA Board of Trustees has appointed a Development & Relations Committee Steering Group which represents the larger full committee:
- Fred King, West Virginia University, Chair
- Leo Chalupa, The George Washington University, DTRA/STEP Subcommittee Chair
- Dennis Manos, College of William & Mary, Tech Center Subcommittee Chair
- Prakash Nagarkatti, University of South Carolina, SRNL Subcommittee Chair
- Jerry Draayer, SURA President & CEO
- Greg Kubiak, SURA Chief Public Affairs Officer, Staff Liaison
Responsibilities of the Committee:
- Identify and promote opportunities to expand existing collaborations or initiate new collaborations that build strategic alliances among SURA members and outside partners.
- Advance development activities/initiatives that support SURA’s mission, including the review and approval of teaming agreements, partnerships, and other arrangements, as deemed appropriate to fulfill its charge.
- Create scenarios to advocate for multi-institutional collaborations that complement the interest of SURA’s membership.
- Advise and support commercialization of SURA technologies through government and/or industry partnerships.
- Oversee and support an effective external relations effort that promotes SURA’s mission and programs, and proactively advocates for the same as necessary and appropriate.
- Serve as SURA’s primary committee interface with the SURA Council of Presidents, helping to ensure alignment with shared institutional objectives.
- Solicit, screen, and select the recipient of the SURA Distinguished Scientist Award.